This early 1900’s wool pennant with hand cut and stitched OAC letters was from a time when today’s Oregon State University was known as Oregon Agricultural College. It was in 1890 when the college, then known as the Corvallis State Agricultural College, informally became known as Oregon Agricultural College (OAC), with the name change becoming official several years later. At this time orange was adopted as the school color, with black as the background color. The OAC name stood until 1927 when the name was changed to the Oregon State College. The first reference to the Beaver as the official mascot for the school was seen in the school newspaper during 1908, but it wasn’t until 1910 that it was used in reference to athletics. This age and style of this pennant dates it to the early years of of the OAC Beavers!